Eldorado Machines Features & Options
All Eldorado deep hole drilling machines include a robust high-pressure coolant system, a PC-based control system, and various fixturing options to suit your needs. These machine systems are designed, engineered, and manufactured in-house for unsurpassed performance and reliability.
Eldorado high-pressure coolant systems are suitable for either oil or water-soluble coolants and feature a two-stage cartridge-type filtration process to remove the metal chips from the cutting fluid. Pressure switches on the filters indicate a clogged filter.
The temperature of the cutting fluid is controlled either by an air-cooled radiator or with a shell-and-tube heat exchanger utilizing water from the facility or Glycol from an external chiller unit. Coolant system parameters, such as coolant flow, temperature, and pressure, can be monitored and adjusted.
Coolant Systems Specifications
|Tank Capacity||90 gallons (341L)|
|Coolant Flow Rate||20 gpm (75.7 L/min)|
|Pump Motor||7.5 hp (5.6 kW)|
|Coolant Pressure||2,500 psi (170 bar)|
|Filtration||Primary = 5 µ (microns)|
Pre-Filter = 10 µ (microns)
Eldorado machines use an embedded PC-based control system featuring Beckhoff Controls. This system emulates the typical PLC-based control while also providing features commonly associated with a PC.
The control panel features a touchscreen for easy menu navigation, and also large push buttons for added durability in a shop-flow environment. The control also features CNC G-Code programming, providing the ability to write your own gundrilling programs.
Beckhoff Controls use the Microsoft Windows® OS with built-in Ethernet capability. The system utilizes a solid-state disk drive instead of a typical PC magnetic hard drive, providing increased reliability in a production environment.
The control system also features a robust EtherCat communication technology for high-speed interface with the machine spindle and servo drive, resulting in dynamic performance of the servo system.
Machine Control Features
- Full color 7-inch (178 mm) display on M75
- Full color 12-inch (305 mm) display on KM75
- CNC G-Code programming
- Built-in calculator for cutting parameters
- Part program storage
- FAQ built into the interface
- Multiple fault readout
- Spindle speed and feed rate override while in automatic cycle
- Machine failure diagnostics via remote industrial Ethernet communication
- Modular components for quick change out (comparable to rack mounted PLC)
The Beckhoff Controls package is also available for control retrofits, either as a field installation or as part of a full factory machine rebuild.
To suit your application needs, we offer various workpiece handling options to accommodate different lengths and diameters of parts.
Fixturing options include:
- Tailstock counter rotation with manual or pneumatic actuation
- Headstock counter rotation with manual or pneumatic actuation
- T-Slot Riser Table
- Precision slide-mounted chuck
- Quickloc workholding system
- 6 Jaw Chuck (7.5-inch (191 mm)
- Hydraulic 3-roller rest
- Slide Table:
- Air Motor, stroke = 3, 4, 7, 14 inches (76, 102, 178, or 356 mm)
- Hand Operated, stroke = 15.5 or 30 inches (394 or 762 mm)